Vaillant VCW diverter valve question!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!
Was just wondering if someone could shed some light on Vaillant VCW diverter valves.
I have a VCW 242 EH and have noticed for quite some time now that the central heating only runs well if the knob is set around 6/7 or above. Set lower than this and the thing just modulates down really quickly and goes off!!
I have been looking today and notice that, when the central heating is on, the out pipe gets VERY hot, return pipe stays really quite cool and the pipes on the hot water circuit also get VERY hot. YET, in DHW mode, water is now very hot (after DHW heat exchanger clean) and nothing escapes to the central heating circuit!! Could it be that I need to make some adjustment to the diverter valve as it isn't properly working only one way and circulating water around the DHW circuit in heating mode?? If so, please advise how to do this!?
Ta!
Phil :D

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if there may be a flow problem as well as possibly a diverter valve problem.

Can you determine if the diverter valve moves between CH and DHW positions?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back