Vaillant VCW GB 242 EH heating switching on it's own...help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

I seem to have a strange problem with my Vaillant VCW GB 242 EH COMBIcompact.

My controller is set to off. But when we use the hot taps after some time our central heating will turn on (the radiators turn on). Even though the controller states that the central heating is on off. The only way then to turn off the central heating is to turn it off by the switch next to the controller.

Do you think this is caused by the diverter valve?

Any help appreciated
Rob

Sponsored Links
The first thing that I would check is that there is no signal from the controller!

thanks for the quick response. The controller we are using is called Horstmann - centaurplus c17

I don't believe that it is faulty as when the heating does switch on, as the red indicator for central heating is off. so When the heating does turn on...it totally avoids the controller and turns on by it's own. But like i said this happens when the hot taps are running for some time.

Sponsored Links
Locate the DHW demand switch and see if it mechanically disengages when demand for DHW ends!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back