Vaillant VCW GB 221 CH too hot and shut down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have a Vaillant VCW GB 221, yesterday I came home to find the house was really hot and on further investigation realised the boiler was not regulating the temperature as it should. I don't have a room thermostat and rely totally on the rheostat type control (black dial numbered 1 - 9) on the front of the boiler. The fault eventually triggered the safety switch which shut the boiler down and then expelled the pressurised water out of the system. Could you guide me in the right direction with regards to what's wrong so that when I call the engineer I have some background knowledge as to what's wrong. Many thanks Marc

Sponsored Links
I would like to have some idea of what's wrong before I contact an engineer. I've had parts fitted in the past only to find the fault still present, last time this forum pointed me in the right direction after two BG engineers couldn't fix it. Many thanks Marc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back