Vaillant VCW GB 242, poor CH??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just fitted a new servo valve and diaphragm due to hot water being poor. Central heating was fine.

I then got it all running again, bled the system etc, but I have a problem with the CH.

It will spark and fire up but only stay on for around 10-30secs then knock off. It will keep repeating this every few minutes.

The rads aren't getting hot.

What do you suggest?

Sponsored Links
Forgot to add that I have removed the big screw in the centre of the pump and not sure what I should have expected but only a few dribbles came out. I could see it spinning however, but not sure how fast or powerful it should be?

I also removed the two connections to the overheat switch on the underside and this kept tripping the red light and black reset switch to pop out. I then put them back on and it seems to be running better with the rads now getting hot to touch.

How long on average should the burners light for and knock off and then back on again when CH is called for?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back