Vaillant VCW NL 282 E - No heating, hot water manually.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have two issues with my Vaillant VCW NL 282 E that I am hoping you guys might be able to point me in the right direction on. The last service on the unit was some 8 months ago and I want to avoid the extortion I usually receive when calling boiler engineers here in Holland.

My problems started about 5 months ago, heating was working fine but hot water was tempremental, the shower would be fine for hot water (although not exactly quickly or reliable) but other hot taps in the house would not provide any hot water unless the shower had been run first, then a short amount of hot water would be available.

Unfortunately I left this issue alone and just suffered. I then left the heating off for a few months. During this time the hot water stopped working completely and I realised that the servo that engages the microswitch was not doing its job. If I manually press the microswitch the boiler fires up, if I hold it in position hot water is maintained perfectly and when I turn the hot tap off the servo appears to fight to push the lever away from the microswitch (making a clicking sound) before I manually push it back in place and all is well.

Then about a week ago I turned the thermostat on again and found that the heating is no longer pumping, there is no hot water entering the system at all and the boiler doesnt fire up either.

I've read a lot of posts on here about diverter valves and servo's but as I have a combination of the issues those posters reported I thought I'd get some advise.

Many thanks in advance for any tips ! (photo's available on request, of the boiler :p)

Sponsored Links
Thanks Kev, I'll start on servo valve shortly, first will check the water section.

Sponsored Links
check stuffing box on top of water section.Can get crusted up if been leaking a while.Means the pin in water valve doesn`t move down far enough.This in turn stops the servo valve giving correct hydraulic pressure to rear of diverter valve ergo microswitches not pulled in and no c/h.

Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back