vaillant vcw-sine 18 t3 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I've got a 20 year old vaillant boiler that up until last week was working great.
A friendly man from transco turned up to fit a new meter.
after installing it he needed to a pressure test and asked to see my boiler.
after isolating it he redid his pressure test and informed me that my boiler had still been letting gas through eventhough it was off. So i got a nice new meter and a notice not to use my boiler.
has anybody got an info on finding and repairing this fault .
any help would be great
thanks
jason

Sponsored Links
after isolating it he redid his pressure test and informed me that my boiler had still been letting gas through eventhough it was off. So i got a nice new meter and a notice not to use my boiler.

if it was isolated how was it passing :?:

if it was isolated how was it passing :?:

Proved from original TT with iso open. Presumably 2nd TT with iso closed the pressure reained stable

Sponsored Links
sorry didn't explain properly.
He did a pressue check before isolating the boiler and noticed the pressure dropping as soon as he isolated the boiler the leak was gone.

cheers
jason

just had a corgi guy around.
he's looked at it and said it needs a new main gas governor .we had a new flow switch six months ago because the old one was leaking bad and he says it corroded the valve on the governor?

so new boiler

thanks for you advice
jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back