Vaillant VCWGB 282 EH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please advise if a pressurised tank can be attached with a combi boiler, i.e that the water is heated by the boiler instead of an immersion heater. the latter to be used as an emergency if installed.

I'd also need a manual and user guide for the above boiler.
Thanks all.

BL

Sponsored Links
Like your VCW 282 GB I also say "EH" as in 'Eh I don't understand'

Lets have a go

Ok so you want your combi to heat a cylinder full of mains pressure water up. So for that you would need an unvented cylinder and an S plan set up to create a Hot water zone and a heating zone.

You want to be able to heat that cylinder up with an immersion heater. Well yes that could be provided.

You now have a problem and that is All your hot water would now be preheated and not instantaneous. Theres no easy way of switching from source to another for all your water draw off points.

But if you feed all the stored domestic hot water back into your boiler as if it was cold going in then the boiler will make up any shortage of heat as the stored water becomes depleted.

A little bit along the lines of a Ravenheat energycatcher set-up

I spent a while at the local theatre this evening. I think that Slug may have been down the pub or as the Government think down the Asda buying cheap booze.

Its quite feesible to heat an unvented cylionder from a combi boiler.

The DHW output from the boiler can be used to feed one outlet, often the kitchen.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back