Hot water Probs with Vaillant TURBOmax VUWGB 242/1E 282/1E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys!, Ive got a Vaillant TURBOmax VUWGB 242/1E 282/1E combi boiler system that the hot water only now heats up with the central heating switched on. having read various posts it leads me to think a defective diaphragm is the problem! advise required please :confused: . However the central heating has started to come on even when its out of the timer sequence, (on all time in timer mode) Is this linked or somthing different? also how much could I expect to pay for having a diaphragm replaced by a corgi guy ???

Sponsored Links
The fault and cause that you describe with the hot water does sound the likely culprit. Diaphragm is easy to change, shouldnt take more than 30mins to change (even if you take your time). Also worth checking whether the microswitch is making or not. Ive found diaphragm to be ok and microswitches fail occasionally.

The ch fault shouldnt be related but you state that ""timer is on all time" so it would come on at any time not just on times set according to what thermostat is saying.

Sponsored Links
Hi Powershandyman, I know a long time has passed since your post but I am having the exactly the same problem with my vaillant Turboxmax. I was wondering whether the repair suggested worked and how easy it is to do. Many thanks, Ian

Commercially on that model I would always replace the whole diverter valve unit.

If I just replaced the diaphragm it would only create a leak of the microswitch operating arm would break and I would have a disapointed cystomer.

With a new valve its likely to be fine for at least another five years.

Tony

U guys need to look at that post it's not possible for divertor to cause heatin to run out of sequence on the older turbos this is classic symptom of newer turbo divertor failing an no diaphragm on that model..sticking on warmstart causin heating to come on when it shouldn't an no hot water

He is very sure of his boiler models!

But the symptoms are those of a system boiler with cylinder.

Mone clarification needed from the OP.

Tony

Hi Guys,
I have a similar problem. However I have heat to my radiators but no hot water. I have had the diverter valve changed yesterday. The micro switch is working fine. But the hot water heating wont come on?
Any other ideas what the problem could be?

Many thanks john

Start your own thread. This one is five years old.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back