Vaillant vertical flue - distance from wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having an extension built in the side return of a ground floor victorian terrace. The Vaillant 828 boiler flue currently passes through a 90 degree bend above the boiler and out through the wall, end of story. Unfortunately, that wall will soon be inside the new extension. For neatness, I would like to pass the flue up vertically through the new pitched roof. Is there a certain distance the flue has to be from the vertical wall (both while it is below the ceiling and once it has passed through the roof)
I will have the work carried out by a Gas Safe engineer, I'm just trying to work out the neatest approach.
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Your gas safe guy will tell you the exact measurements for your model, 828 encompasses quite a few variants but to give you a heads up it will be a minimum of 300mm up to poss 500mm from the wall

I dont know about that model but many need a minimum of 6M0 mm from an adjacient wall !

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back