Vaillant vertical flue (distance from window)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Is there a minimum distance from an openable window for a vaillant ecotec plus boiler if it has a vertical flue? The flue diagram in the manual doesn't mention anything, but does say 500mm from adjacent. I am not going to do anything myself, I am just exploring my options.

Sponsored Links
Looking at another manufacturer's diagram it clearly states 1000mm if from a flat roof to nearest wall with opening - but you should check with Vaillant as each has a slightly different take on things.

Is the openable window a velux on a sloped roof next to the flue, in which case it is 2000mm if the flue is below, or 600mm if adjacent (same manufacturer as above.

Thanks Dan, that was quick!

There is a velux, and a bedroom window. Who would be best to contact at Vaillant?

Sponsored Links
Following up on this in case it is of use to others, I got the following back from Vaillant Technical.

Edited to add: (thought it better to email so I would have the info in writing)

"Thank you for your email.

The minimum distances for vertical flue terminations as requested:

Adjacent to a window 600mm
Below a Velux roof window 2m
Adjacent to a Velux roof Window 600mm
Above a Velux roof window 600
Distance from boundry 300

Regards
Vaillant Technical"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back