Vaillant VRC 430 requirements

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I am considering replacing my existing Ravenheat with a Vaillant Ecotec Exclusive. I had planned to have it done in the next couple of weeks but have delayed things till the summer.

My supplier has given me sold me on the idea of the VRC 430 weather compensation controller.

I need advice of siting the controller and the cable requirements for it. the installation manual I have downloaded from the Vaillant website refers to e-bus cable. Is this a special cable or are we talking 2 core flex? if so would anyone be able advise minimum cable specs. Also does the controller require a separate power or is this all managed from the e-bus connection?

The other issue is siting, I am considering the hallway, other posts I have read suggests the main living area but I have a gas fire in this room that I guess would make this unsuitable for the device.

I am currently redecorating the hallway and give me the ideal time to chase out the walls for cables etc..

Would welcome your thoughts and experiences on this boiler and the controller

Thanks
N

Sponsored Links
you can fit the 430 on the fascia panel of the boiler, no need for extra cables at all.

Sorry should have said boiler will be installed in utlitiy room that is not likely to have the same temp as the rest of the house, in fact it dont even had any rads, hence the reason to have it fitted in a living area.

I have read elsewhere that the cable is 2 two core .75mm.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
a 2-core cable as it uses the e-bus system.

it is a brilliant controller and the blue back light looks great too.

Sorry should have said boiler will be installed in utlitiy room that is not likely to have the same temp as the rest of the house, in fact it dont even had any rads, hence the reason to have it fitted in a living area.

I have read elsewhere that the cable is 2 two core .75mm.

Thanks.

When fitted to the front of the boiler, the 430 doesn't read the room temperature it is in. It sets the room temperature by working out the flow and return temps taking into consideration the outside temp, all dependent on the heating curve you have selected in the 430.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back