Vaillant VRC430 installation advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just installed a VRC 430 wall mounted connected via Ebus to a ecoTEC 618. I am trying to work out what function to set to enable the temp sensor in the VRC430. Using the manual it mentions screen C8 Room Temperature Control which gives 3 options - none, modulating and thermostatic. The remarks couldn't be any vaguer, I have guessed that the one I want is thermostatic. I have phoned Vaillant technical and they are very reluctant to discuss the level of detail - I presume you have to pay for a course.

Can anyone confirm which setting I need please??

Sponsored Links
You haven't actually said what you want to achieve.

Modulating is, I think, the setting you should choose and is what I have set on my VRC 430. It means that the unit takes the current room temperature into account when communicating with the boiler.

The manual *is* hopeless - I have been told (by installer) this is because they are translated from the German originals.

Read section 3.2 of the operating instructions. It refers to 'room temperature compensation' but that's the same as 'modulating'.

Thanks, I totally agree with your opinion of the manual. In some ways it lacks technical supporting information, and then sometimes it baffles you with un-explained jargon.

I will try modulating to see what that does. - Its a shame I am having to resport to a suck & see approach.

Just out of interest, what is your heat curve setting/how thermally efficient is your house?

My heating curve is set to 2.7. I live in the south (Oxfordshire) in a fairly poorly - but uniformly - heated Victorian mid-terrace

Sponsored Links
The manual *is* hopeless - I have been told (by installer) this is because they are translated from the German originals.

It makes me wonder if this is just German incompetence, which one does not expect, or are they intentionally making things difficult for the English? ( because we won the war? ).

I do have to say that since the German fellow who answers the Vaillant tech helpline, refused to tell me the burner pressure for one of their boilers, I have a lot less respect for Vaillant.

I now refer to him as "Fritz". He refused to tell me the BP and said "it should only be checked and adjusted by a Vaillant service engineer". You can immagine that I was not pleased.

Of course Vaillant have not bothered to contact me to explain why "Fritz" is refusing to give basic information required for safety purposes.

I am not impressed!

Tony Glazier
07956 440480

I met a new sales director who left Vaillant to join Viessmann!

In fact there sems to have been a music game among the boiler manufacturers recently. Not so good for the unfortunate ones who were left without a seat when the music stopped.

I must have an early night tonight as I was up at 0620 this morning and had the stress of NOT having a ladder delivered as scheduled!

Tony

I have spoken to Vaillant again today about this issue. The chap (Jaz) who I spoke to was a lot more helpful than the previous bloke. He was still struggling a bit with the manual and agreed that there was important information missing.

He has sent me a 'easy guide' which might help (can't wait :rolleyes: ). He did however suggest that hanging the VRC 430 on the wall should mean I have the Room Temperature control set to Thermostatic. He still didn't know what the modulating setting was used for!!! I wish I could have a bit more confidence in the product. I'm sure the actual product is excellent, just the supporting documentation is useless.

<I met a new sales director who left Vaillant to join Viessmann!>

Current Sales Director for Viessmann is ex-Buderus, I thought. :eek:

My VRC430 is set to Thermostatic and is working well. The flow temp. adjusts as expected based on the outside temp. I was going to switch to Modulating for a few days to test its performance, but was just wondering what the latest opinions of Modulating v. Thermostatic are re. predictability of response & gas usage now that the VRC430 has been out for another year.

My VRC430 is set to Thermostatic and is working well. The flow temp. adjusts as expected based on the outside temp. I was going to switch to Modulating for a few days to test its performance, but was just wondering what the latest opinions of Modulating v. Thermostatic are re. predictability of response & gas usage now that the VRC430 has been out for another year.
Hi,

I live in a 2 bedroom end terrace and I fitted the VRC430 and I have been using it since November. The VRC430 is in my living room and that radiator is set to full. When I first got it set up I was monitoring all the settings, gas consumption and room temperatures on a daily basis. However, with the winter snap, I soon lost interest. :)

Over the last 2 months I have been using Modulating, my temperature is set to 19deg and the heating curve is set to 2.4.

Generally I'm happy with the setting but of late as it has got warmer it has been getting up to 23deg in the living room. I guess I need to make some changes.

I'm also considering getting my boiler hooked up to a PC so I can monitor everything more closely.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back