Vaillant VRC430

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope someone more knowledgable than myself can help with this query.
Re the Vaillant VRC 430 weather compensation units, there is a setup menu option for using this with "no thermostat", "modulating" and "thermostat".
Does this mean that if for instance I have my boiler in the garage and fit the VRC430 in the boiler I can set this menu item to "No Thermostat" and the inside room temperature can be selected by changing which heating curve I use? The only temperature reference then being from the outside sensor.
The Danfos devices seeem to work in this way but not clear from the Vaillant Installation PDF if the VRC430 can work do the same thing.
:confused:

Sponsored Links
If you install the VRC430 into the boiler, then you really should use the remote thermostat (VR 81).

Why not just put the VRC430 in the house?

If the VRC430 is in the boiler it defaults to "no thermostat" anyway (due to electrical contact with the third pin). If you have the controller on the wall then "thermostat" gives you simple on/off control of the boiler when the house gets to the target indoor temperature; "modulating" gives more sophisticated control based on how far off the target indoor temperature it is.
Weather compensation happens all the time according to the heat curve you've set.

So yes to your question - although I would strongly advise you go for "modulating" and would find somewhere in the main house for the controller. If you're worried about redecorating after wiring, there's not such a price differential between the VRC430 and the VRC430f at the moment.

If you install the VRC430 into the boiler, then you really should use the remote thermostat (VR 81).
He's correct but the VR81 is a dog don't touch it - it's from an older generation of awful awful controllers.

Sponsored Links
Thanks folks. If I do go for the VRC430f, could I use the hard wired VRC693 external sensor rather than the VR20/21? (Not really a fan of too many wireless devices).

That was my thread - no-one has really confirmed what's going on yet. Presumably some distributors have still got stock of the 430, just the two I tried didn't!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back