Vaillant VRT 360f wireless roomstat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vaillant eco tec plus 837 boiler which was installed at the start of this year at the same time had a VRT 360f wireless roomstat fitted, everything has worked fine until about four weeks ago, when the boiler started switching on in the middle of the night, the eco temp is set low enough 10oc so the boiler should not fire during the night, due to low temp. only once I had a message RF Err, thought my internet wireless might be the problem so I switched it off, boiler behaved itself for a couple of nights then fired up again last night, I have contacted the installer, he said that he wanted some time to think about the problem, that was over a week ago, incidentally he was not keen on installing the VRT 360f in the first place because he thought it very complex, is there something I am missing like a cold start switch on the boiler which can override the roomstat, I would be grateful for any pointer's or advice.

Sponsored Links
what it is if the frost protection in the boiler or external, even the 360f has a frost protection

in the vaillant it is set to fire up below 5*c

hope it helps

what it is if the frost protection in the boiler or external, even the 360f has a frost protection

in the vaillant it is set to fire up below 5*c

hope it helps

(DID U WANT THE 360F)

I have a Vaillant eco tec plus 837 boiler which was installed at the start of this year at the same time had a VRT 360f wireless roomstat fitted, everything has worked fine until about four weeks ago, when the boiler started switching on in the middle of the night, the eco temp is set low enough 10oc so the boiler should not fire during the night, due to low temp. only once I had a message RF Err, thought my internet wireless might be the problem so I switched it off, boiler behaved itself for a couple of nights then fired up again last night, I have contacted the installer, he said that he wanted some time to think about the problem, that was over a week ago, incidentally he was not keen on installing the VRT 360f in the first place because he thought it very complex, is there something I am missing like a cold start switch on the boiler which can override the roomstat, I would be grateful for any pointer's or advice.
Hi Gasman 1987, the answer to your question was yes I did ask for the 360f to be fitted, my thinking was because it was made by the same company I wouldn't have any problem with the signal to the boiler, not so sure now.since my post the boiler is switching on with the room temp well above 5oC, now trying to eliminate other possible causes, like switching off wireless internet just in case of signal interference.

Sponsored Links
yes the 360is good but just compecated for the customer i have not worked on 1 for over a yr as i had loads of call backs, tou have a base tempreture for the house and a eco setting on the hot water
where is the boiler fitted

alright m8 check these fo me hold hown P for ten seconds until the display show a spanner

set the eco to 5.0 with the twisty knob fully anti clockwise
then presss the knob in and set the dhw set to 60
press p again to get out of that mode

go to the boiler and with the hot water control know turn fully anti clockwise and back again quick (this takes the pre heat from off the boiler)

i recomend you leave the 2 thermostats on full the hot water 1 is your prefrance tho

Thanks mate, will will try what you suggest, I will check the boiler over the weekend and let you know how it behaves, thanks again.

Thanks mate, will will try what you suggest, I will check the boiler over the weekend and let you know how it behaves, thanks again.
Sorry for not getting back sooner having problem with my internet, your suggestion seems to be working fine everything working as it should be, many thanks for your help and a Merry Christmas to you and yours, thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back