vaillant vuw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As seen in the title we have a grand old lady of boilers. Well so far weve replaced a diverter valve and circuit board because we used to have to put the heating on full to get hot water. That got fixed.But....now.....we have "lock out?" the hot water only comes on if we flick up the switch to the flame symbol. Which is ok if were using the rooms near the boiler but not so great when were 4 floors up!!! Last gas engineer was stumped. Ideas please....really dont want to buy new boiler.
Thank you

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if your boiler is not responding to a demand for hot water but you are bypassing that fault by engaging the preheat.

It is a very common and simple fault that any competent engineer will be able to identify and easily fix.

Tony

Hi. Well 3 engineers so far were stumped. Apart from doing what we already did..

Sponsored Links
Probably going to Midlands tomorrow but not looking for any more work there thank you.

Those are very easy to work on but because they are an older model some of the younger people may not have seen very many. Still just need basic principles of boiler fault diagnosis though.

Tony

Tina, ask nicely
Tony is partial to Indian food, half bottle of best Asda plonk and loves travelling by bus
If you wear a sari, your boiler will get looked at double quick
He is also, rather it is claimed, he is the top engineer in Britain

Get cracking, I have done most of the hard work for you, now you have to sprint to the finishing line which is in sight. :)

Good luck, do not forget the sari.

Right.....well Tony i live in Dudley......youll see many saris en route! I can get plonk and indian takeaway...promise!
Im not very good at this kinda stuff. I could easily pull at your heart strings but thats a bit below the belt! But if i have to.........

Tony old sport, be a hero and rescue this damsel in distress. What do say
Dudley is just a stones throw for Coventry

For an old hand like yourself, you could be drinking tea, (I am sure Tina will get tea that is sourced from foothills of Himalayas) with one hand and do the repairs with other hand. Such manual dexterity may even end up getting mention in the hero section of The Metro

Last edited:
Agile again ffs, its a vuw no warmstart on this model? Is it the early vuw with row of lights up the lefthand side?

I presume the top red light comes on and u turn the green know to reset? Please dont be taken in by tony he struggles

Tina my apology.
There is me think the top engineer will come to your aid but alas no prize there

Jokes aside, bunnyman, knows vaillant boilers like the back of his hand and more.
He might be able to suggest some one close to you that might be able to help

Note the van in the picture is a vaillant van, clearly a man who is vaillant through and through

What he and some of other vaillant pros who visit here, what they do not know about vaillant, is not worth knowing.

I did not go to the Midlands today as it turned out.

Anyway Dudley is miles away from Warwick. Well known for trilobites though! And Lenny Henry!

I took out a very large police woman a few times who was born and went to school in Dudley. She liked Balti meals and driving my BBC car very fast!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back