Vaillant

kevplumb said:
romchik
if the system wasnt flushed / the benchmark book cant have been filled in

if not your warranty could be for 10 yrs vaillant could refuse to honour it :cry:

Even with a benchmark filled out, its worth diddly squat if the system was not installed correctly. Look on the benchmark and tell us what he has written for the CORGI ID and serial numbers!

Sponsored Links
On the benchmark he only has written CORGI reg number in CORGI registration details but no CORGI ID serial No.....

Is is enough to put only CORGI Reg No? (I actualy did not check his CORGI ID he just left me his visit card and said that he is CORGI man for 18 years and i did believe :oops: )
I think i have to call him back ask for my money and for new boiler as well ! WHat do you think?
THank you

I cannot remember my ID number, so only enter the CORGI number. I feel this is sufficient and if there is a need for the ID number, it can be provided.

If you visit CORGI site, enter the installers postcode, and look for boiler related gas work, his name should come up if he is registered.

Sponsored Links
Thank you DP He is listed on this website...
I want to explain how everything was done....
My friend (not corgi man) did all plumbing for me (all new pipes everywhere including water mains) and obviously check it for leak by filling it with water before the corgi man will install the boiler.
THe corgi man came and installed it (did not flush it ...... :evil: )
The boiler was working for about five days .....
My friend took radiator out and boiler locked out with "f.25" on the display i looke in the manual and did not found this code In the manual only "f.24". So i did empty all system when it was hot (is it right way to do it?) and refil it again but it still stoped in the morning....
So i waited for man who did plumbing for me and he found leak on the ground floor wich is like building site :LOL:(i live upstairs now)so he fixed it and now boiler is working.
Is it going to work? Do i need to do anithing to it?Any ideas please....
Thank you

Trouble is you can take the corgi number off of a passing van and it will come up legit (probably) on a web check. The card number is the one that cuts the mustard. There must be hundreds using the corgi number of someone else, with or without their knowledge. Saw a benchmark this week on a three month old boiler that was total bollx if you knew what should be there. And that had a corgi number but surprise- no card number. Burner pressure 20mb? Cleanser used- 'System flush'? Anything else that required a test figure left blank. System water filthy. Registered? My arse!

Funny how one's days outrage is another day's couldn't give a fek!

Thank you. I wait till he comes from Holiday then give him a ring....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back