Vaillent comby boiler starting when the cold is turned on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Should the comby (Turbo max I believe) start up when only the cold is turned on?

It starts up for about 10 seconds then stops but why does the boiler need to start if only the cold is running?

The pressure is zero in the photo but I topped it up to 1 bar since then.

full

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The house doesn't have an airing cupboard. Its had a comby since built around 2004 as far as I'm aware.

I will have caused the dead leg when I fitted x2 push fit end stops to a hot and cold feed for an Agualisa smart shower I decommissioned. The water was not being shut off properly so had a constant drip at the shower head. When time permits, I intend to fit a Mira mixer shower instead. The shower cubicle is fitted in a small ensuite with w/c and sink. The house was plumed with plastic although the comby and main incoming is copper pipework.

Why does a dead leg cause a comby boiler to start up?

Why does a dead leg cause a comby boiler to start up?
Usually trapped air, on the hot water side, only takes a small amount, and this sends a false signal to the boiler, especially when 1/4 turn taps are used.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back