vailliant eco tec 28 combi questions....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks so much to anyone that can help me. I have a couple of questions. Any help/advice at all would be very grateful for.

1) I've heard that with this boiler its possible to have instant (or practically) instant hot water. Does anyone know what I need to change to achieve this? (boiler was there when I bought the flat and I have no instructions :S At present it takes about 5 minutes to get hot water in the shower.

2) if you see attached pic there is an arrow pointing to where there is a very infrequent drip leaking out (wouldn't be a problem only it drips onto a oak worktop :( I've checked that nut and it seems tight enough. Pressure needle is just on the edge of the red though....

Attachments

• IMG_1335.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_1335.JPG.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 148
Sponsored Links
Is it an Ecotec Pro or Plus? I think only the Plus has the preheat function for hot water

Sounds like you need a replacement washer in that valve, as well as needing to investigate why the pressure is high. Time for a service.

Not certain if this is the correct manual for your boiler. ..

http://www.vaillant.co.uk/downloads/ecotec-exclusive-user-manual-261415.pdf

If you look at page 10 it tells you how to turn "Warm Start" ON, if your boiler has it. That keeps a small store of water at 55C in the boiler ready for use.

If your bathroom is at the opposite end of the house to the boiler you will still have some delay before the hot water gets to the shower.

Is the pressure gauge needle permanently close to red or does it go higher or lower depending on whether the boiler is running?

THanks so much for that info Jack... Pretty sure needle is permanently on the cusp of red but will take a closer look tonight and report back. It did seem a tiny bit better once I opened up the valve and added some more water into the system. Thanks again Jack really appreciate your time :)

Sponsored Links
Is it an Ecotec Pro or Plus? I think only the Plus has the preheat function for hot water

Sounds like you need a replacement washer in that valve, as well as needing to investigate why the pressure is high. Time for a service.

Sorry this is my fault... It isn't actually high and close to the red bar its low and close to the red outline bar at the bottom of the gauge

And sorry yes its an ecoTEC pro 28

A picture of the front of the boiler would be handy as there are two different ages/types of these boilers and the setting for the preheat/warmstart is different for each,

The plus and pro models both have it so once we know what age/display type yours is then we can tell you how to activate it. The low pressure will likely be from the fact its been leaking and lost water, that washer should be changed first and if water keeps appearing from their then an RGI contacted to check inside the boiler to make sure the leaks not comming from further up

Thanks everyone for all your help. I have turned on the warm start function and its definitely made a difference. Shower is about ten meters from boiler though so still takes a good three minutes to get hot but it did used to take about 6 so a massive improvement thanks everyone. I'll get a service for washer/small leak soon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back