Valiant 618 and VRT 350f help!

Ok so two questions...

1. I gather I lose the ability for immersion as now using that pocket

2. Will I be wiring to vr66 for cylinder stat AND NTC?

1. Depending how many 'spare' pockets there are, or if you can squeeze the VR10 alongside other phials.

2. Just the VR10 to the NTC plug of the VR66, then the live (brown) from the HW on plug of the VR66 is wired through the original cylinder/OH stat and then onto the MV. These stats can then interrupt the live supply to the MV in an OH situation and the valve will spring return shut. In practice you could just use the OH section of the cylinder stat, but some manufacturers combine this into one unit with the temperature control for easier wiring, so I don't know what you've got. Remember the person doing this MUST be G3 registered to notify the installation.

Sponsored Links
Thanks again bunny.

Is this G3 registration a sparky or plumber qual as brother doesn't seem to know. I'm slightly concerned now.

Me getting confused again all in hand. Thanks guys for all your help.

Hopefully I won't be back asking more qs

Just for my understanding it has to be s plan because with 3 port valve no way of isolating the hw valve in a power off state (ie. Overheat)?

Sponsored Links
We install this equipment as described by 831bunny, and have been doing so for years. You keep the Gledhill safety equipment and use it as two in line switches to either interrupt the boiler or the 2 port valve for the cylinder.

The VR10 comes with the VR65/66 and will normally fit in the cylinder dry pocket together with the overheat and temp sensor capilliary tubes, if you are careful. Leave the Gledhill adjustable stat on the cylinder on Max.

Personally, I think the Vaillant own brand eBus controls are a real pain to operate and wouldn't dream of installing them in my own house. But if that is what a customer wants, they can have it.

Incidentally, having the boiler install signed off after it has been done by non Gas Safe personnel is an offence. Gas Safe take a very hard line on registered installers signing off completed work by non registereds - it usually results in disqualification if caught.
NB: There's a 10yr warranty on the table for Vaillant Advance installers on ecoTEC at the moment.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back