Installing a honey well timer and wirless room stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Valliant Turbomax combi boiler, and when it was installed the original timing clock, a Smiths Centroller 3000 was left. This worked fine until recently. It began to go on and off, settings would change, and now it has failed completely.

I was advisd to replace it with a 1channel 7day time switch and wireless room stat. I have purchased the Honeywell ST9100C Timer and the DT92E Wirless room stat.

The wiring was more complex than I anticiapted. Ceratinly things have moved on since i replaced a timer on the sytem in my last house.

I have managed to wire the clcok to the boiler, and have established that the bolier at leats fires up for hot water. I have not been able to figue how to wire in the Thermostat.

In the old configuration the room stat was wired back to the Centroller 3000. There was just one two core wire between the Centroller 300 and the room stat. The diagram for the new system shows two separate 2 core wires entering the BDR1 relay box. The box has 6 terminals marked NLL ABC. I imagine the first two core wire is to carry mains supply to the relay box and have attached one to N and one to L. However am not sure how to feed this back to mains. This is insufficient room in the timer unit to run the wire to the same terminals as the mains feed for the timer. Therefore, I intend to insert a terminal box between the mains and the clock and run separate feeds from the terminal to the clock, and the terminal to the Relay Box for the wirless thermostat.

I cannot figure out what the routing is from the relay box for the second set of wires? Can anyone advise.

Sponsored Links
You need a live and neutral for the timer and stat.

T3 in the boiler to 1 in the timer.

4 in the timer to A in the receiver.

B in the receiver to T4 in the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back