valiant 824 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
pressure going up in boiler and driping out in over flow

what can i do

Sponsored Links
Make sure the filling loop is shut. If it is, then you may have a leak across the secondary heat exchanger (mains to system), although this is very rare.

Read FAQ for background info - you will have further problems.

Sponsored Links
what this i had the boiler upstairs and got it move to to the down stairs bathroom and seens them it is over flowing i have shut the filling loop but still going high on the meter on the boiler and diping out on the overflow pipe out side

thanks

Answer is as before , as ChrisHutt says.

If you're really sure the filling loop is shut, turn the boiler off, close the flow and return isolating valves and let some water out through the drain cock under the boiler so it's at 1 bar. Leave it overnight (Completely OFF - ie no hot water working). If the pressure on the gauge goes up, the secondary heat exchanger has an internal leak.

Gordon, do you mean that you drove all the way from Blackpool to London just to replace the filling loop on his boiler?

Tony

Of course he didn't have to drive anywhere - it was passing..

That reminds me of a warranty boiler repair I was once asked to do for an arab customer.

I called and asked for the address where the boiler was installed.

He told me it was in the boot of his car!

I replied that he would have to install it first and then I would come and fix it for him.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back