Valiant Boiler TURBOmax plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can somebody please help me....

I have a Valliant Turbomax plus (inherited when i bough my flat) and i have two problems.

First, the pressure gauge is too low, approx 0.6-0.7 - can anyone tell me how I alter this to bring it above 1?

Second, and it may be related to the first but i don't know, from time to time, the boiler will not ignite and so where as the boiler should provide hot water immediately when a tap is turned on, it doesn't. I then have to restart it and put it on constant to get hot water again. this is happening more regularly and i would like to solve it if i can because i don't imagine it is too healthy for the boiler to restart it. Anybody got an idea?

I'll be honest I am a bit of a novice when it comes to this sort of thing, and so while i am grateful of any help - the more 'layman' the text, the better!

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
You need to increase the pressure to about 1.5 Bar with the filling loop ! See FAQ !

It sounds as if the diverter valve is failing !

Tony

If you are not experienced with this stuff, you are probably best off finding a good, local RGI and ask him to service the boiler, check over the system and repair the fault. You get better value for money that way and a bit of money invested now, might save you big bills later on.
On of the first things I recommend when the condition of the heating system is unknown, is to check that it is clean.
Corrosion in the system is the biggest boiler killer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back