valiant combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help me....have a friend who has a valiant combi boiler which has only been in a couple weeks she has no hot water or heating!!! the pressure is up to 1 bar so thats not the problem....just wondered if there were some obvious checks that could be made...thanks..

Sponsored Links
Apart from checking the pressure and that there is a power supply and all the controls are calling for heat then thats all you can do.

Since the boiler is under the installers and the manufacturer's warrantee then call the installer back!

Expect him to come tomorrow!

Tony

I would go this evening if I had fitted a boiler two weeks ago and it had failed!

It seems that was a very unhelpful installer. Its surprising they wanted to deal with someone prepared to leave their customer without heating or hot water all weekend like that!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Although I would not necessarily use the same tone as Tony, I have to agree that if this was one of my recent installs, I would indeed have visited the same day as I got the call.

If I haven't had a drink, I would even go out in the evening, and certainly would go out tomorrow.

As most of my work is based on reputation and recommendation, I would feel obliged to do so.

It is however very unusual for a new Vaillant to go down like this so soon.

Has your friend given any clues as to what the boiler display is saying or the boiler is doing/not doing, apart from the obvious end result of not working?

If work was carried out by someone reputable, he would certainly want to see if his workmanship was the cause of malfunction. I wonder why you insist the installer would not come to check the boiler out.

totally agree with the above, i would go out and see it now, xmas or no.
then again, my installs don't fail.
famous last words.
would not be a key(card)meter would it?
or drayton wireless roomstat?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back