valiant turbo max

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i had a boiler installed by warm sure-ideal a few years back with warm front grant. the gas valve circuit and cable have been changed twice and have now been told problem is with heat exchange unit. they say it is my fault it broke becaue of hard water but the system has always been used with an inhibitor liquid. is hard water really likely to be the cause. also should i cut my losses and change the whole boiler or keep mending this system. the grant peolpe are now saying hard water problems not covered by grant. please help!!! also noticed in screw fix a descaler for the system, is this likely to sort the problem?

Sponsored Links
You could use a cleanser from fernox or Sentinel, but you must follow instructions exactly! On a sealed system I would not expect the main heat exchanger to scale up after only a few years due to the same water is in it all the time, unless you have been having to top it up frequently :rolleyes: The inhibitor put in from new would help prevent this, but should be checked for strength and topped up if necessary.

Turbomax's were a problem boiler :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back