Validation of Gas Boiler Price Quotation

I did a search on boiler prices. Saw that I could buy the boiler at 610 GBP including VAT. Meaning that with the labour and "all" materials (but not including electricals) the cost estimate is around 1900 GBP. I estimate that it takes half a day 4 hours to remove the old one and fit the new one. Say 5 hours on site work. Equates to 1500 GPB (taking out 400 for materials) for 5 hours = 300 GBP per hour.

sounds to me like you'll end up with bill's mate from the pub who'll turn up in some rusty untaxed sherpa and who'll be going through your drawers the moment your back is turned. you clearly havnt the first idea what you are one about. i suggest you get your head out of your arse.

Sponsored Links
Well £2500 is to much for a straight boiler swap round where i live, your looking more in the region of £1500sh

Just get more quotes an compare prices, find best one with someone you trust to do a good job!

Although if your in london that might be a fair price, never worked down there though!

well i'm off to Norwich.. if you can get customers paying 60 plus vat for the first hour then charge by the half hour for additional time.

in the blood and guts world ( rochdale) i get laughed at for wanting 35 an hour and they wont pay for anything beyond the hour

boiler swaps with a bit of pipework work out at 1900 - 2300 depending on the car in the drive but they expect/ demand 3 - 4 days on site..

boiler swaps with a bit of pipework work out at 1900 - 2300 depending on the car in the drive but they expect/ demand 3 - 4 days on site..

Boiler swap takes 8 hours, flush & commissioning takes 4 hours. Boiler swap less than a thousand. Get real.

Sponsored Links
3-4 days for a straight forward boiler swap!? hahah, more like half a day to a day if your flushing it all, about £500-600 labour where i work (an thats a decent wage!)

To do a proper job of swaping a combi I would expect about two days or more.

Remove old boiler
power flush
drill flue hole
go and buy new boiler
hang new boiler
connect new boiler
upgrade gas supply
fit TRVs to rads
Fit new controls
commission boiler
complete benchmark and notify CORGI.

Some of you may work very quickly or perhaps you are responsible for 90% of the new installs which I see which are not done or flushed properly?

I had to go and sort out a problem with a boiler fitted by one of my ex trainees. He had not power flushed it and had filled the flue hole with foam. He had not checked the sylinder stat or motor valves and they were not functioning and need to be changed. That cost him £84 to diagnose. His customer is very pleased now though as its never worked properly.

Such a pity that all my good training has gone by the wayside to increase his profit at the expense of the customer.

Tony

Well put that at the beginning of the list if you prefer.

But its still something that has to be done and takes time!

In many London mini flats if you had a new boiler there would not be space to get the old one out past it.

New boilers are also prone to walking unless they are screwed on the wall. Even that does not stop them.

Remember the boiler in Wolverhampton where the thieves broke the gas pipe and the resultant escaping gas exploded and they were unfortunately only injured.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back