vallaint losing pressure after removing some rads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. I have recently removed all of my upstairs radiators and shut off the valves feeding them. Reason for doing this is for plastering to be done in the coming weeks.

This is all fine. Obviously i drained down the system fitted a drain off valve. Once refilled the boiler/system I set pressure to 1.2bar and system works ok. But its seems after about a day the pressure then drops and stays at 0.3 bar and the boiler then wont work due to low water pressure.

I'm sure in the short term while i have 5 less radiators, do I need to adjust/ change something - expansion vessle ?

I did have to renew somepipe work under the floor so it is possible (which i'll check tonight) i have a slight leak. Assuming its not leaking is theres something else i should check/do ?

The boiler is an vaillant exclusive.

Thanks in advance !

Sponsored Links
As long as you keep the boiler pressurised it will work fine.

Make sure you fix any leaks though.

Tony

Had a similar problem after removing a rad to decorate.

After draining the system for the removal and refilling it would loose pressure.

When it's pressurised and you run the boiler does the pressure go up. Mine did and when it reaches 3 bar it vents additional pressure out the vent pipe, this then meant it had less when it cooled down.
I don't know your boiler but mine has an expansion tank and it needed to have pressurised air pumped into the expansion vessel to allow for the expansion of water when hot.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Jeff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back