Valliant Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,
I need some help. I've recently moved into a new house which has a Valliant Boiler fitted, pretty sure this one is turbo-max, but basically i was using the controls without a manual, trying to see how it worked. Yes... stupid i know. But now i believe i may have altered one of the settings on it, by pressing the + sign and the i sign, which then gave me some random numbers, which in an effort to exit the menu, i possibly have changed something, basically, now when you turn the hot water on, it no longer heats, or at least no longer appears to.

Could anyone help, or at least tell me how much of a blunder i've made, is it easily repairable?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Best to get a RGI in to reset as required and give the boiler a proper service at the same time, as well as a check of the whole system. Summer is the time to get this sorted before it gets cold and most decent plumbers are booked solidly.

many thanks, do you think this will suffice and sort out the problem.

Kind Regards.
Jimmy

If thats all you have done then its only a software setting and should be easy for someone to correct.

However gat a boiler engineer rather than a plumber as some of them cannot manage the more technical aspects.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Decent, I would never touch anything else as i quite enjoy having limbs, so steer clear of touching any physical hardware relating to gas. All i pressed was 2 buttons, which ended up displaying a "d. *" with the * being a number, followed by a += sign and another set of numbers when i pressed "i" button, so i figure it must be.

Out of curiosity, whats the normal price for a combi-boiler service with 4 radiators?

Cheers.
Jimmy

Price depends on area, boiler, time of year, ballpark figure £70 plus materials. Would be a good idea to ask him to stick a bottle of inhibitor in the system as a precaution.

We charge £55 and British Gas have a special summer offer of £59 at the moment. You might need someone more technical to check the parameters in your case though.

When calling anyone tell them that they will have to be able to check the settings. Not everyone will know how to do that.

We only do servicing when we can fit it in and not as a priority as thats for repairs! We may charge more for premix boilers or if seals have to be changed and all servicing assumes the boiler is working with no known issues. To avoid people calling for repairs but pretending its a routine service we usually wait a week or so before going. Also any parking costs are extra.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back