Valliant ecoMAX 635

DP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This boiler is to be fitted with a Vaillant Time switch 120. As the timer is jacked into the facia slot, a connection is made (no plugging of plugs on trailing lead). The connection has four pins.

Can anyone tell me where to pick up CH ON and HW On connections for appropriate stats and motorised valves?

Sponsored Links
You presumably found what I did: fig 4.23 of the manual gives pin numbers and refers to fig 16b - which doesn't exist!

Sounds as if you will have to go back to your BT days and so a bit of circuit tracing!

Alternatively if you have an hour to spare you could call Vaillant.

Somewhere there is an email address and you could request the missing diagram to be sent to you.

Vaillant have additional info on boilers which they restrict to their own service engineers! Not very helpful! Fritz there once told me that only their own service engineers could set up the gas valve on one of their models.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I think there may be a bit of a compatibility problem here....

Checking the M&I for the TS120 timer, it talks about the Turbomax (NOT Ecomax 635 System Boiler) and as far as I can see the hot water control relates only to the 'Aquacomfort Warmstart' feature. (Since you presumably would not want to turn the hot water on a combi on and off anyway.)

As Danny points out, there are only 4 pins on the back of the clock and only one mains-voltage 'room thermostat' connection on the boiler tagstrip. I don't see anywhere an output to allow the timer on a system boiler to control an external HW zone valve.

All the references in the M&I to programmers seem to relate only to external ones of various makes and NOT to the Vaillant TS120.

I don't think the duff reference would be relevant, even if it did exist!

All in all, I vote the M&I for the 'Clear as Mud' award!

Re: Setting up gas valves on Turbomax. I once saw a succession of BG Service vans turning up day after day at the same house. Finally, a Vaillant van was there and the engineer emerged as I came past. Couldn't resist my curiosity, so asked him what was going on. Apparently, first engineer mis-diagnosed a faulty gas valve and changed it. Boiler went ape-sh*t. Second engineer (correctly) diagnosed faulty air-switch and changed it. Boiler still turning somersaults. Third and several more engineers struggle on. Eventually, Vaillant called out and in less than 10 minutes engineer finds new gas valve is SIT, original was Honeywell (or v.v. - quite legitimate) BUT gas-valve-selector jumper on PCB not moved over by Engineer #1! Prolly, that's what Fritz was referring to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back