valliant ecomax 800 combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello i need help with my boiler the boiler gives hot water all the time but can not get central heating to come on at all it keeps shutting down with a code on the display saying s.7 wich means pump overrun can anybody help me with this and tell me what needs doing to the boiler and parts need replacing please it is very cold any help would be gratefull thanks

Sponsored Links
Is this a fault code or is the boiler just operating and telling you what it is up to??

Check you timer and thermostat settings to make sure that there is a demand there for heating.

Also make sure that there are no dripping taps as this will cause the boiler to always run its pre heat mode. you could turn it to eco mode or turn off pre heat to prove this.

This is a Vaillant not an Ideal Isar. A drippimg tap won't trigger the hot water.

S7 is a status code not a fault code. It is pump overrun on ch, so the boiler hasn't actually shut down.

Have you tried pressing the reset button, or switching off at the wall for 30 secs?

The overrun is factory set for 5 mins. How long does this go on for?

Check there is 240v on terminal 4 of the pcb when there is a call for heat.

What controls do you have on this combi?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back