Valliant Ecomax 828E - not heating radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Valliant Ecomax 828E boiler about 5 years old. It is heating radiators but not to the usual temperature. nothing wrong with radiators but noticed on the boiler that the temp stays at 50 and does not get higher. Usually it is around 80. Any ideas on what the problem may be?

Sponsored Links
There is no immediate fault that comes to mind.

Several tests would be needed to diagnose the cause of the problem.

I would start with a simple test of the temperature sensors with the boiler cold.

Then I would see if the diverter valve was moving although this is unlikely to be related to your rather unusual fault.

You did not mention hot water. I would conclude that its working normally.

However, to further pin point the fault, I would be making measurements on the gas parameters which will probably show where the fault lies.

Tony

I would check that when you turn the CH temp dial on the front of the boiler, the temp indicator on the display changes to show the temp you are selecting. The shaft on the knob can break on these.

Yes, the shaft can snap ( be broken ) but thats obvious from the feel of the knob.

I had thought that as he seems to think it suddenly happened it was a real fault which had occured.

Of course if anyone else has been fiddling with the boiler then that might well be the cause.

So what happens when you turn the rad knob to min and to max? Does it feel normal?

Tony

Sponsored Links
yes, tony it feels normal, which is what gets people. But on the vaillant 4 button display boilers, when you turn the knob you can acurately see the temp your selecting, so you know if the display doesn't respond the knobs broke.

So Mr Maf King, what does the temp display do when its at min and at max ?

Its such a bother to buy and change the knob that most DIYers and landlords would just set the pot from the back of the PCB to give about 70° C

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back