Valliant Ecomax - High Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have an Valliant Ecomax Boiler, which seemed to be working perfectly, then I discovered the plastic overflow pipe was leaking were it was connected to the boiler.

When I checked the boiler's display screens, the pressure gauge read 3 bar (the heating was on at the time). I switch the boiler off and tried releasing the pressure via the pressure release value, but the pressure only went to about 2.6. I tried bleeding the radiators. All the radiators upside were full of air and had not water in them, but seemed to be working normally. Downstairs radiators had no air, just water. The pressure is still is around 2.5 so I have not but the heating back on or refilled the radiators.

The boiler reports no errors, but has a status code of S.54, which according to the manual is "low pressure (boiler blocked)".

Are there any steps to diagnosing the issue, and (hopefully) fixing it?

Don't know if it is relevant but their are 2 pipes, which I assume are overflow pipes (one plastic and one copper), which go from the boiler, outside to the drain. The plastic pipe was frozen and the initial leak was from the seal on this pipe to the boiler, I believe the water must have backed up. The copper pipe, which is connected to the pressure release point, has split outside, but I assume this is not a major issue as this pipe goes to an outside drain and has an open end.

Thanks in advance for any information

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back