Valliant ecotec not reaching flow rate target temp

Reaction score
The outside temp is approx 10 degrees, but the house is a little cold at 16 degrees, so I thought I'd put the heating on for a bit, but the boiler is only show 38 degrees and the only way I can get the rads to get hot is to put it in chimney sweep mode.
The boiler is coming up to a year old and was working fine in the winter.
Could it be the weather compensator not allowing the boiler to reach target temp due to the outside temp being 10 degrees?
Cheers
Iggy

Sponsored Links
Another troll FFS.....how would know the phrase 'chimney sweep mode'?.. Vaillant only refer to it as P.01/P.02.....get a life jeez..

I not an engineer but just by reading the supplied manual I can put my boiler in chimney sweep mode??? not rocket science,, just know how to read:rolleyes:. I can also range rate it, and other stuff the manual says I can do. But I only play with what I know about.

As for the Ops question... yes it could well be down to weather comp mode.. there are parameter you can set up, which I know nothing about, I just manually set the rad water temp myself through out the year. trying to keep a balance of comfortable heat and condensing/cheap ass mode.

Is the call for hot water similar to chimney sweep mode? as my boiler can ramp up to max when hot water called for???

Sponsored Links
I just manually set the rad water temp myself through out the year. trying to keep a balance of comfortable heat and condensing/cheap ass mode.
Does the manual not advise a CO2% figure to aim for in order to achieve maximum efficiency??

Last edited:
I think it may but not being an engineer i dont have the appropriate equipment to test CO2%.

So have to guess by plume output/density and dirty flue water accumulation.. :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back