Valliant EcoTech min output

Why not set d0 down to 10 kW?

You can always increase when the weather is colder!

The problem with Valliant is that it ignores d0 during the first 60 seconds and thats what causes it to cycle. Down rating d0 is just to size the boiler to my system, cuts down noise.

Sponsored Links
I am fully aware of that.

But as you will see from other discussions, the initial fire at higher power is built into the boiler's operating system and cannot be changed.

Tony

I am fully aware of that.

But as you will see from other discussions, the initial fire at higher power is built into the boiler's operating system and cannot be changed.

Tony

As you know valliant boilers do you know what d50 minimum fan speed does.

Sponsored Links
Why not set d0 down to 10 kW?

You can always increase when the weather is colder!

Tony when its colder it will run hotter with the same kilowatts...

keeping a house in a temperature profiled stable state requires very few kws....

its the lurches from off to on that consume the kws...

From memory the 418 has a min kw rating in d.o of 6kw (3/1 turndown ratio).

Can run the 15/18/28/38kw as low as 5kw no problem , if I told you how to do it the bunny boys will be hard on my heels as would the mods. :LOL: ;)

no Tony not particularly..flow temperature is still controlled by cycling the gas valve...so both a low and a high flow temp can be acheived with min output, but, the high temperature flow takes longer to acheive...

you don't need to raise the kw output (gas rate) of the boiler to get more heat into a house when it is cold, you just raise the temperature of the flow..and the system emits more kws of heat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back