Valor gas fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently had a Valor Heartbeat Oxysafe fuel effect gas fire installed. I've had two Valor engineers out to look at what I believe to be a fault with the fire. They insist there is no problem with it.
My question is, where can I obtain a truly independent report on the fire? Is there some kind of independent body that would look at it and give me their analysis of the problem? Obviously, I would be prepared to pay for this myself.

Sponsored Links
What is it that you think there is a problem with?

What does your installer say about it. You could alays ask CORGI to inspect it.

I should really post a picture to make it clearer. Of the three flames that the fire produces, the centre and right hand ones, on maximum setting, actually lean out towards the glass panel which is across the front of the fire and heat, to red heat, part of the firebox above the flames. Would you consider this as normal? Should any part of a fuel effect fire other than the ceramic fuel itself be glowing red hot?

Sounds very like the fire is over gassed ie too much pressure getting to it

Sponsored Links
Valor guys checked all the pressures and said they were fine. This is why I wondered if they're are independent engineers that could examine it.

Your option could be corgi or try BG years ago they used to do independent reports but not sure if they would now and it would prob be around a ton to get them out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back