Valor Visage Gas Shut-off micro switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I am trying to fit a new gas shut-off microswitch to my Valor Visage gas fire and I am having great difficulty in removing the old spade connector leads from the interrrupter block. I have removed the thermocouple and everything is loose except the lead terminals seem to be jammed in solid! Am I missing something or do they need a grat deal of force to pull them out. I don't want to damage anything. Please help!

Sponsored Links
Is it wise to advise on and encourage DIY gas work?

Same old argument. Read and understand the post and the parts mentioned are not gas carrying and in my humble opinion is safe to advise, but thanks for your concern.

Sponsored Links
Mod10, I strongly disagree with your interpretation of my post. If this is a gas safety device (being 2 wires to a switch) then why allow advice for any electrical part on a gas appliance that connects to a gas carrying part.
Many posts mention APS devices that are outside the combustion area and you are allowing that? You have got to be more consistent with rule 10.
Just because Tony says, it does not make it so

Hello

I am trying to fit a new gas shut-off microswitch to my Valor Visage gas fire and I am having great difficulty in removing the old spade connector leads from the interrrupter block. I have removed the thermocouple and everything is loose except the lead terminals seem to be jammed in solid! Am I missing something or do they need a grat deal of force to pull them out. I don't want to damage anything.

Please help!

As far as I can see these are all gas and gas safety devices and should not be advised about on an open forum.

I agree that an APS is a safety device and my choice would be not to advise on them at all. However, the forum practice of drawing a line at whats inside and outside the CC seems to be a good compromise.

Tony

If you fully understood the appliance in question and the part requiring attention (a microswitch) then you would see that there is no interference with a gas part. Explain to me the problem in replacing a microswitch which involves loosening a T/C and interrupter block, or am I banging my head against a wall?
The combustion chamber rule is not applicable here as its a gas fire!

If you fully understood the appliance in question and the part requiring attention (a microswitch) then you would see that there is no interference with a gas part. Explain to me the problem in replacing a microswitch which involves loosening a T/C and interrupter block, or am I banging my head against a wall?
The combustion chamber rule is not applicable here as its a gas fire!

45 years a gas man is correct as far as the hse is concerned its not a gas carrying part it can be worked on by any tom dick or harry.

I personally dont agree with this but there you are.

When I recently was involved in reporting a gas water heater that had illegally been converted in to an unvented cylinder had no energy cut off no pressure relief valves, gas safe were not interested as the part that constituted the danger was not gas related even though it was a gas fired water heater. So work that out ! in the end Ireported it to building control.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back