Problem with Valor Eminence Model 762 Gas Fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello to all fellow members.

I am dealing with a problem with a Valor Eminence Model Gas Fire. It developed the fault gradually as I have tried to explain in the following;

Initially, it failed to ignite pilot flame despite replacement of new batteries in its receiver and remote control. I was advised by a valor technical adviser that replacement of the defective main valve was solution. It was very expensive therefore I tried to operate the fire by igniting it by match stick manually.
I managed to get it working successfully therefore I believed that the main valve was not defective. It carried on working without any problem except the pilot flame size was reducing and eventually it stopped working when flame's size reduced from 2 inches to 1/2 inch. The pilot flame did not remain on.
I have replaced the thermocouple, a decent bluish pilot flame comes on but it goes off and therefore the fire is malfunctioned now.
Any advice, clue or help in order to mend the fire would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Can you ask in the combustion chamber section, only gas advice to diy’ers isn’t permitted as part of the forum rules to which you agreed to when registering to the site.

If you’re not gas safe registered, then I suggest you stop guessing and messing at the fault before you cause yourself and/or others some harm, and engage with someone who is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back