Valor Visage gas fire- still won't stay lit

nec

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure I am in the correct forum but here goes - the Valor Visage gas fire has been harder to light over several months - it will not stay on when the 'warm up' button is released.
After guidance the Oxypilot has been changed for a new one - result no change - the fire will still not stay lit!
:?: Can someone advise me as to what I consider changing next please?
Thanx in advance.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the response - the speed of offers to help never ceases to amaze me :D

The thermacouple was changed as part of the Oxypilot, it is clean and the flame sits nicely on it.

Sponsored Links
Yeah i would concur with that. You see the thermacouple sits in the flame and creates a millivoltage. this then holds the magnet in the gas valve which keeps the gas ways open. If the magnet in the valve has lost its magnetism it wont keep the gasways open.

Thanks for that info - it all makes sense now - if the sensor is working it must be the the bit at the other end (mag unit). Any idea of what they cost please?

Presume the fire is passing its spillage check, after all it could just be that the oxypilot is actually doing its job.

Good on you Ollski. I was about to ask the same question.

Often these fires are fitted with little regard to correct practice. Result is malfunction followed by part changes.

I trust the chimney has been swept, fireplace is correctly fitted, flue pull and spillage checked.

The visage also has a shut off microswitch attached to the themocouple interuptor, common fault they stick in the off position part number 0540969.. Looks just like the ignition microswitch but leads are not push on

Thanks everyone for the input. Just to refresh the chimney is clear - I am replacing duff parts on a fire that has been used for almost 10 years. On order now is the gas valve and hopefully that will do the job.

Its an F.S.D.valve you want if you suspect the mag valve..

Thanx everbody for the help. It turned out to be the microswitch after I had replaced the thermo couple and mag unit!

The only trouble now is that the markings on the coals have all but disappeared so it is a case of guessing how they should rest in the fire - unless anyone has an answer to that one :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back