Valve for 32mm waste pipe - such a thing exist?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking at the possibility of installing a saniflush toilet (combined loo and macerator) in my somewhat frail parents house, and it would be nice to put a service valve on the probable 32mm solvent weld waste pipe close to the toilet to allow easier maintenance. Having a glance at the saniflush fitting diagrams they seem to suggest a waste pipe isolation valve, and I'd think that it could well come in handy, but I can't find anything suitable. Does a valve like that actually exist?

I know... I know... Macerators are a terrible invention... It will break at some point and be unpleasant to fix... But my parents live in an upside down house built on a slope with the bedrooms downstairs, the bathroom upstairs, and the main sewer level is above the downstairs floor level so pumping is inescapable. The idea is that when they need the pee in the night they wouldn't have to mess around on the stairlift to get upstairs.

Sponsored Links

Yeah I saw those, but one of the reviews say they don't fit 32mm UK waste pipe. I'm assuming that those valves have a 32mm internal diameter, but the external diameter of 32mm waste is more like 36mm I believe.

EDIT might not be quite 36mm, but its more than the 32mm internal diameter of waste pipe.

Last edited:
Yeah I saw those, but one of the reviews say they don't fit 32mm UK waste pipe. I'm assuming that those valves have a 32mm internal diameter, but the external diameter of 32mm waste is more like 36mm I believe.

EDIT might not be quite 36mm, but its more than the 32mm internal diameter of waste pipe.
Ask the seller to be sure then. The one reviewer could have tried push fit pipe instead of solvent weld pipe for all you know which is different.

Sponsored Links
Ask the seller to be sure then. The one reviewer could have tried push fit pipe instead of solvent weld pipe for all you know which is different.
I've shot them a message to see what they say, but found identical looking ones somewhere else that specified 32mm was the internal dimension on the valve ends so would need 32mm od pipe.

Anything on this random website of any use? https://www.gasandwaterpipelines.co.uk/category-6103.html

I'm no expert on waste pipe sizes and such.

I suppose another alternative would be to not use standard waste pipe and just plumb it out entirely out of that pipe system.

Look at PVC pipe and fittings. Lots of valves and pipe that would probably suit. The transition may be the harder part but a compression coupler may be able to handle that.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Seems somewhat suprising given the number of macerators that must be out there that no one makes a valve for standard size uk waste pipe. Must be a lot of macerators that will be more messy than necessary to service...

At least it wasn't just me being an idiot for not finding one!

I'm not sure what you actually mean about servicing and what need there is for a valve in the waste pipe? Is the waste outflow immediately vertical? If so then a check valve could be used, actually I believe there is one supplied with them to avoid backflow? Either that or a tee at both ends and blanks so the vertical pine could be flushed.

When you mention servicing too, what servicing would you actually be planning? The trick with these items is to use them correctly to avoid any kind of blockage, so avoid any need to service the waste.

I'm not sure what you actually mean about servicing and what need there is for a valve in the waste pipe?

The thought is if it needs disconnecting at some point it would be nice not to deal with the contents of the verticle pipe running back down eveywhere. I believe a check valve is built into the top of the unit, but I'd quite like the ability to manualy shut the pipe off should I need to remove the unit entirely.

Even if its used properly, and nothing is put down it that shouldnt be, its no guarantee that nothing will go wrong.

The thought is if it needs disconnecting at some point it would be nice not to deal with the contents of the verticle pipe running back down eveywhere. I believe a check valve is built into the top of the unit, but I'd quite like the ability to manualy shut the pipe off should I need to remove the unit entirely.

Even if its used properly, and nothing is put down it that shouldnt be, its no guarantee that nothing will go wrong.
Of course, and invariably things can go wrong with these. Hate them, nasty things.

Not sure if they still supply them but they used to supply a separate non return valve that connects inline into the waste run - Black rubber thing if I remember rightly.

th
It has an internal flap valve so stop back flow.

MacAlpine also do one, not sure if they would be completely watertight though

th

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back