Valve on return pipe on boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Could any one tell me what the valve on the return pipe on my boiler (Baxi solo) dose it seems to have a spring inside.Fully pumped, micro bore system and vented.[/img]

Sponsored Links
Could be a safety valve...they often have a ring of holes. They are next to useless since the relief pressure was never set correctly and they often leak causing severe corrosion through the top or back of the boiler.

How old is the boiler, new baxi solo boilers dont have any springs inside ,im sure. Return is left pipe exiting the top right hand side of boiler,flow is next to it on right ?

Sponsored Links
hi
thank u for replying there are pictures in my album if u can access it or can u tell me how to add them to this post.

Its an old style safety valve no longer required , if its not leaking leave it but to be honest it will prob eventually start weeping

Its an old safety valve, get it removed/plugged before it starts dripping onto boiler/controls.

System 10 years old never been altered in any way so how come its there and is no longer needed.

Some local authorities required these safety valves to be fitted....with time boilers then included overheat thermostats and negated the requirement.

As has been suggested they are prone to slight leakage (this is often ignored or not noticed) leading to severe corrosion of the boiler below.

Just keep an eye on it.

The solo will have been in 10 years but bet that bit of pipework has been in a lot longer, for a previous gas boiler or old solid fuel . Be brave snatch it :eek: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back