Valve problem or not?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an iFlow mid position valve. CH does not work but HW OK when the system is running without interference. When I force the valve (power off everything to do this) right over with the push lever on the end the CH works but if I then put demand on the HW the valve does not return (and I cannot force it back either). If I take the head off then I can easily move the brass valve below about 45 degrees back and forth. At one point when the CH was ON the pump did not seem to come on but fiddling seems to have cleared that.

Also, I notice a black bit of plastic broken in the valve head part. It appears to come from the LH side corner and on the other side to the lever. There is a screw inside and it looks as if it has broken from there. I don't know what this does as both the other levers seem to be OK.

Would I need a replacement valve head? Where's the cheapest place to buy one? Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back