Valve to radiator connectors name ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to buy brass 1/2 BSP connect that connects valve to the radiator . All radiator valves come with them but I can't find them on there own , can't even fine there name . I have restore some victoren brass valves and just need them to finish any one help plz

Sponsored Links
Not sure if this is the correct answer if you are looking for the part from the rad valve to the rad they are called Tails but your question is very vague try posting a pic and point which part you want the name of

Radiator tails, you need to know whether you need 15mm straight or union type ones

Not sure if this is the correct answer if you are looking for the part from the rad valve to the rad they are called Tails but your question is very vague try posting a pic and point which part you want the name of
thanks I have put in tail but it come up with the bit that connects the valve to pipe ..the bit I am after is the bit that connects the valve to radiator it has thread on the bit that goes in to rad and rounded on other end with a nut that connect to valve

Sponsored Links
Its still a rad tail, mate....screwed in via hexagon flats on the outside, or likewise on the inside (large allen key needed!)
John :)

Have a look here. If you contact the company they might be able to help you. Other than that, you might have to buy a complete fitting and discard what you don't need.

Have a look here. If you contact the company they might be able to help you. Other than that, you might have to buy a complete fitting and discard what you don't need.
I have thought that but I need brass ones and buying brass valves would be costly I can't believe it's so hard to find them it's mad

I expect to be ridiculed here, but aren't a lot of those brass anyway? Getting them polished to shiny is the issue, surely?

I expect to be ridiculed here, but aren't a lot of those brass anyway? Getting them polished to shiny is the issue, surely?
they are brass but been chrome plated so no good as its a bitch to get off

Depending where they're manufactured, maybe the company will be able to supply you with some which have yet to be plated?

Doesnt matter how many times you post mate they are still called Tails have never seen them sold seperate but not expensive anyway as part of a complete valve

Doesnt matter how many times you post mate they are still called Tails have never seen them sold seperate but not expensive anyway as part of a complete valve
what ..not expensive what's the cheapest set of brass valves then £10',,,,,£20 I need 10 sets yes very expensive :rolleyes: ..some one must sell them I am not just going to throw money away and give up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back