Valves for Towel Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm fitting a (central heating) heated towel rail and have been looking for suitable valves. However, almost all of them I have seen are 15mm, whereas the pipes to my existing radiator are 10mm.

Do I need to find (apparently rare) 10mm valves or is there such a thing as a 10mm-to-15mm coupler I could use to join the pipework? The pipework needs to be extended a bit anyway, so I could make the join below the floorboard to make the job neater. Also, I'm not wanting to do any soldering, so is it permissable to use push-fit or compression fittings for this purpose?

Thanks in advance

Dean

Sponsored Links
you can get reducing olives for 10mm pipe.

you can also get 10-15mm reducers where the 15mm end will fit straight into your 15mm valves

Dean[/quote]

Thanks guys,

gas4you, if I go for that option, is it ok to use compression or push-fit on central heating rather than soldered connections?

Sponsored Links
I dont think you can get 10mm compression to 15mm shank. You can get the likes of a speedfit 15-10mm reducer that will fit in 15mm valve, but make sure 10mm pipe is very clean and no traces of old flux etc.

a merchant should have 10 mm straight rad valves, B&Q even stock em, it would be easier and look better if you used 10mm valves rather than having to stick a reducer on both ends.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back