Van contract hire.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First apologies for a second van post, however this is a specific question.

On Monday i will be starting to get prices for a contract hire van and pickup.

Can anyone recommend a good firm to deal with ?

(we are based in Yorkshire), having been on the web there are thousands after our hard earned reddies.

The deals on the web talk about non VAT prices and 10,000 miles PA, we are VAT registered and will be doing alot more than 10k.

I really need to be talking to a company who are putting up a proper business deal, not a Micky Mouse deal that makes the figures look good.

All help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
something I found useful:

No doubt you will be looking at various leasing schemes to see which seems best. See if they arrange signwriting or charge you for removing it at lease end.

But also, beforehand, work out the costs if you were to buy it outright, cash or loan, so you can see if there is a financial benefit to you in taking the leasing option (I found there wasn't). It helps if you have a few years records of maintenance costs, especially if you have been generous in keeping to the schedule and keeping consumables in tip-top condition (as you would expect the lease plan to do)

On an entirely different tack, i would never again buy a vehicle that wasn't made of zinc-plated steel (Zintec or similar) since this makes a tremendous difference to condition, as they simply don't rust, provided you have any nicks and scratches touched up in reasonable time (I use Chips Away)

Thanks JohnD, i think we will go with contract hire. Apparently it is 100% tax deductable, also there isn't a great importance at this stage to have assets on the books like a van etc.

I take on board what you say about signwriting and zinc plated steel, thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Back