Van Vault Keys. (MOBI)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have bought a Van Vault Mobi as a storage for indoors. It only has ONE KEY

Fair enough, and maybe I should have researched key costs in advance, but I may need up to 10 keys and they are £20 a pop from Van Vault.
This means I either have to restrict the use to a couple of key holders or spaced a lot.

The idea was a secure (shared) storage box

any alternative source? Can some locksmiths provide keys at a sensible price?

Sponsored Links
have you tried asking timpson key cutting, I know they cut a car key for about 20% of the cost of a dealer provided key for my daughter
not sure if you have a store in your location

My Van Vault also uses a proprietary key, not unlike a smaller version of the Mult-i-lock key or some car keys. They are specifically designed that way to make getting hold of replacement keys difficult - when buying new it's presented a security feature (they do warn you about the cost of extra keys) and it was presented as a USP when I bought mine. Frankly I don't want it to be that easy to get a copy key. With many sote boxes it is far too easy to get a key from a shoe repairer, etc so if you are trying to control access that means security goes out the window

Thanks
i have found a cheap source for blanks, but then need to factor in someone to cut.
I may just buy from van vault for now and limit the key numbers

Sponsored Links
A few seconds on google finds keys cut for £7.95

Was going to say aswell, can you change the lock barrel to something with a more standard key? Or add another lock and not use the original?

Actually - woody’s answer is the best! Why the F didn’t I think of that?
I have ordered 5 keys today from van vault but will probably buy more if it works out

Fit a key safe, put the key in it. Sorted.

This what we do in work when a group takes over a suite of classrooms for a period.
They get a small number of keys issued to the senior leaders who then have a key safe to store them in.
If they fail to return them after the contract, they have to pay for the locks on the rooms they used to be changed.

And the removed locks, with their remaining keys, can be bagged up for future use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back