Vandal-proof car cover / portable garage.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I don't want to build a car port and does anyone know of a company that makes a vandal-proof car cover or enclosure that would fit over my car that's parked on my driveway? All I can find on the internet are basic polyurathene-type car covers, or 'portable garages' that are like tents.

I need a cover or (self-assembly) enclosure that would be resistant to the small-time car thief who steals from cars. So it should be made of hard plastic, fibreglass, or similar material, and fixed to the ground so that the enclosure can't be lifted off the car.

Something like a light-weight fibreglass shell that's made in several inter-locking sections would be ideal, but there doesn't seem to be anything on the market like that.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
What makes yuo think vandals cannot damage "light-weight fibreglass" ??

Vandals could damage it, but a thief who steals from cars might think twice because it's not so easy as cutting open a polyurathene loose car cover. And it's the petty thief that I'm really trying to prevent. Maybe I should have said thief-proof instead of vandal-proof.

By light-weight fibreglass I include glass-reinforced plastic (GRP), and some of the thicker varieties of GRP seem to be quite strong.

you could have a sturdy metal car shelter delivered to your door.

s-l1600.jpg

Sponsored Links
Car alarms are designed to deter thief’s .
Stick a couple of dummy ext camera pointing at your car.Better still don’ t be dumb enough to leave anything of value in the car.

Leave glovebox and centre storage empty and open..

"you could have a sturdy metal car shelter delivered to your door."

I thought of getting a container like that one, but ideally I want something about half the height of it so that it's not too unsightly. And something that I can dismantle easily.

Can anyone suggest something that size and that's easy / possible to dismantle?

Nothing exists like that because it’s such a poor solution to a simple problem, you can make one yourself and see how useless it will be in practical terms, it could take you twenty minutes to remove to jump in the car.
Don’t you think a solution to vandalism and theft prevention would be on every vehicle in the street if it existed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back