Vanity Basin Mono Tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Ideal Standard vanity basin with a mono tap with pop up waste that needs changing. I'm looking at fitting one with a click waste but notice the tap base is noticeably slimmer on the new one. Before I remove it can anyone confirm whether basin mono tap holes are all the same size?

Sponsored Links
Pretty much the same size hole ,give or take a couple of millimetres.
Tap base diameters vary quite a bit ,and those that have a lever operated pop up are generally wider than those that don't ,to accommodate the push rod.

The taps miles too small . I took the tap out and having replaced everything found a plastic cap in the bowl. Everything's dry but for the life of me I can't see what the caps off so any ideas? I just don't want to end up with a flood. Pictures are the cap and installation.

Attachments

• 20221120_113847.jpg
    20221120_113847.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 60
  • 20221120_113855.jpg
    20221120_113855.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 20221120_113909.jpg
    20221120_113909.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 48
Have you taken apart any of the waste fittings ? What diameter is that part ?

Sponsored Links
I took the u bend out, cleaned it and put it back. I removed the tap and disconnected the pipework by removing the white pipe entering the grey elbows. The collars ( I found a 2nd one in the towel I used) are about the same diameter of the smallest white pipe you can see.

The smallest white pipes are water supply pipes ,and you reckon they are the same diameter as them ?
That's odd ???

If that collar is 15mm it's part of one of push fit fittings goes in first before O ring.
Also you say your taps too small? are you sure there isn't a larger chrome ring that sits on basin before tap?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back