Vapour barrier in bathroom?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ll be renovating a 60’s bathroom soon and am looking at using 10mm insulated backer boards to increase the thermal properties of the room as a towel rail and need to vent the window after showers and baths means it’s never the warmest room!

Is a vapour barrier advisable, or could that cause other issues around the house further down the line?

60’s built house, cavity wall with insulation, bathroom is north facing end of house.

Sponsored Links
10mm backer while better than nothing is not going to make a massive difference. Having said that. I did the same recently and also attached using plasterboard foam as well as screws, mainly because half the wall plaster came down with the tiles. I made sure all the joins were sealed with foam. I also put some loft roll in a service false wall where the shower is and it's Pretty good.

I also installed the 600 x 1800 of these:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back