Varem water pressure tank thinks the problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a borehole for our water supplies. This is fed into a pressurised 60ltr water cylinder. The problem we have is that the water is spluttering and shooting in spurts out of the taps. I have looked at the cylider and the pressure gauge says 4.75bars when it should be 4bar. Is the uncrease (I don't understand why it has gone up) the problem? And how then if it is the problem do I resolve it? Otherwise any other ideas would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Tony

Sponsored Links
HI

there is water in the pipes/system.water could be entering from the mains specially if it supplied from bore hole.to overcome this you can fit air vents.

Yes there is water in the pipes and tank. In fact I ran the water and went back to the tank to see waht was happening. The pressure went above 5bars. A little worrying. The water splutters out and is white, which is full of bubbles, that clears obviously in a little while in a glass.

Tony

HI

sorry i mean AIR in the pipes not water.if air is being drawn then it causes problems.and the water pressure should not be that high .you can fit pressure reducers to limit to about 3bar.

Sponsored Links
Found the problem, the diaphragm was clogged up with silt and therefore couldn't cut the cut out off for the pump. In that case me thinks the pump was still pumping and any air in the cylinder was being pushed out into the taps with too much pressure. Resolved anyway. Just got a leek to contend with, but thats the least of my problems as we have water now. Best water there is straight from the ground and no water rates.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back