Various jobs needed doing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I have £6000 to do some work to my home with, but I’m wondering how best and how efficiently to do the work.

I need a whole range of jobs; fitting skirting boards, putting up blinds and curtains, painting skirting boards and cupboards, hacking off paint and wallpaper, on top of fitting new flooring (carpet and wood).

I can easily get the carpet fitter sorted, that’s quite obvious, but is there anyone who I could hire who could look at doing all those jobs? Or would I need to get individual tradespeople to do those jobs? I have a baby on the way in February and need to act fairly quickly. I haven’t got the time due to work commitments sadly and I’ll be painting the rest of the time.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Nothing like leaving things to the last minute, also forget getting someone out now as the rates will go up as everyone wants it all done for christmas.

You might have some luck in January as it does quieten down a bit.

Andy

Cheers Andy. Unfortunately, I’ve been working for months on the house, so it’s not really leaving everything to the last minute. My query was really whether I can just get a handy man to do these jobs or if I’m likely to have to get a combination of tradespeople. Granted that I have to leave it until January, which is fine.

Sponsored Links
You want to look for a general handyman with reasonable all round skills, but keep in mind that you might need more than one person.

Check through the local adds, talk to neighbours, and start calling people to suss the jobs out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back