Vauxhall Astra- Engine Power Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm currently having problems with my Vauxhall Astra 1.4 petrol mk5. For the past week I've had a provblem where when on the motorway the engine power has been dropping then after incresing the accelerotor it siddently kicks back in. When the power drops it feels like the car is 'pulling back'

It only tends to happen when trying to maintain a speed rather than when accelerating. Most noticable when on the motorway at over 60 mph.

I did the pedal test and it came up with the following fault codes: ECN 017015, 013004, 013008.

The car was serviced a couple of months ago. I have also replaced all the spark plugs.

Milage 95k, year 2009.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Paul

Attachments

• IMG_4365.JPG
    IMG_4365.JPG
    239.9 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_4366.JPG
    IMG_4366.JPG
    249.3 KB · Views: 644
  • IMG_4367.JPG
    IMG_4367.JPG
    240.3 KB · Views: 542
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I'm afraid those codes mean nothing to me, and I'd be heading for a garage that is experienced with diagnostics.....maybe it's an air flow meter fault but I'd hate you to buy one on my say so!
John :)

Hi all,

I'm currently having problems with my Vauxhall Astra 1.4 petrol mk5. For the past week I've had a provblem where when on the motorway the engine power has been dropping then after incresing the accelerotor it siddently kicks back in. When the power drops it feels like the car is 'pulling back'

It only tends to happen when trying to maintain a speed rather than when accelerating. Most noticable when on the motorway at over 60 mph.

I did the pedal test and it came up with the following fault codes: ECN 017015, 013004, 013008.

The car was serviced a couple of months ago. I have also replaced all the spark plugs.

Milage 95k, year 2009.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Paul
Mine had the same problem and it ended up being the throttle body. I got one off eBay cleaned it up with carb cleaner fitted it on in 15mins perfect. plus I cleaned it up so have a spair

Hi all,

Thanks for the help. After a bit of googling the error messages it looked like it could be the oxygen / lamba sensor on the engine. Replaced that and it seems to have sorted it. Nice easy fix!

Also noticed the oil pressure sensor looked a bit leaky so did that at the same time!

Back